Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) International Summit 2015
Later this month, from October 26th-30th, database pros from all over the world descend on downtown Seattle for the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) International Summit. PASS Summit is the world’s largest and most popular gathering for SQL Server professionals. Last year there were over 5,900 registrations and this year there are likely to be more than ever. As PASS President Thomas LaRock (@SQLRockstar), said in a recent tweet: “We do our best to make it the best SQL geek show on earth.”
Over 200 sessions of rich, robust, and advanced content will be delivered by the industry’s best-and-brightest from community MVPs, to Microsoft engineers and program managers. SanDisk® architects – Brian Walters and Jimmy May – will be among the luminaries who participate in these sessions.
As a Gold sponsor of PASS Summit, SanDisk provides plenty of opportunity for you to learn of the incredible value our flash solutions bring to SQL Server environments. Visit us at booth #222 to see how we transform SQL Server and data center applications. A few of the highlights of our PASS Summit presence are:
- SanDisk in-booth Theater
- 5 in-booth Solution Stations
- 4 break-out sessions
- Trivia games, with prizes, following each Theater Session
- Co-Sponsorship of the always popular “Pass the Bacon” breakfast panel
In addition to the prizes given out during the Theater Sessions, each day a lucky winner will walk away with a 960GB SanDisk Extreme PRO® SSD for their notebook! On Friday, we’ll give away a five-day SQL Server training class from SQLskills – our strategic partner and industry leader in SQL Server training. You’re definitely going to want to attend our sessions!
Every 30 minutes, our flash experts will present on different SQL Server-related topics. From the “SanDisk in the Enterprise”, to SQL Server 2005 EOS options, to Server caching value in Microsoft SQL Server environments, to SQL Server 2016 on SanDisk flash, the theater will have a topic of immense value to you. These are just a few of the topics. Join us for SQL Server-changing content and super cool give-aways.
Dive deep with our flash experts in any of the four sessions below.
The Complete Primer to SQL Server Virtualization (Full Day Pre-Con) [DBA‑299‑P]
- Speakers: Jimmy May, MCM, SQL Server Solutions Architect, SanDisk // David Klee, MVP, Founder and Chief, Heraflux Technologies // Argenis Fernandez, MVP, MCM, SQL Server Solutions Architect, Pure Storage
- Date: Monday, October 26
- Time: 9 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. PST
- Location: 611 – 614
- Learn More: www.sqlpass.org/summit/2015/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=8149
SQL Server 2016 on Flash
- Speaker: Brian Walters, Solution Architect, SanDisk
- Date: Wednesday, October 28
- Time: 10:15 a.m. PDT
- Location: TCC101
Columnstore Indexes in SQL Server: Flipping the DW Faster Bit [AD‑206]
- Speaker: Jimmy May, MCM, SQL Server Solutions Architect, SanDisk
- Date: Wednesday, October 28
- Time: 4:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PST
- Location: 6A
- Learn More: www.sqlpass.org/summit/2015/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=8623
SQL Server on Flash: Re-Thinking Best Practices [DBA‑210]
- Speakers: Jimmy May, MCM, SQL Server Solutions Architect, SanDisk / Brian Walters, Solution Architect, SanDisk
- Date: Friday, October 30
- Time: 8:00 – 9:15 a.m. PST
- Location: TCC 304
- Learn More: www.sqlpass.org/summit/2015/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=8601
As always, lots of value coming from PASS Summit. Adding to that is SanDisk. We hope to see you there. Let us show you how to change your business with SQL Server and SanDisk flash.