SanDisk® @ OpenStack Summit 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
This year OpenStack Summit is taking place in Vancouver, BC for the North American region on May 18-22, 2015. SanDisk® is excited to be at OpenStack and we are looking forward to learning more about OpenStack Kilo. There is no doubt, that OpenStack has serious momentum and traction for private and public cloud software with both community and commercial support.
With more than 4500 attendees expected, and more than 400 sessions, some careful planning is needed to get the most out of this show whether you are a novice or a seasoned contributor. The best guide I have found is this blog on the OpenStack website.
Your Guide to SanDisk @ OpenStack Summit
Here is my quick guide to where to see SanDisk at the show and what we will be sharing.
Over the last four years, SanDisk has transformed into an Enterprise and Cloud storage systems and software solutions company. With its undeniable performance, energy efficiency and compact form factor, flash has become a favorite for primary storage in datacenters. Whether it is through SSDs in servers or storage arrays, intelligent caching software to speed transactions or massive all-flash storage systems such as the InfiniFlash (IF100, IF500 and IF700), SanDisk is already serving the most demanding of applications and environments.
- The only Ceph based all-flash OpenStack storage: SanDisk will be at OpenStack to talk about our work with the OpenStack top rated block storage software Ceph. IF500 is the only Ceph based all-flash OpenStack storage bringing the highest performing OpenStack-ready solution to the datacenter.
Check out Allen Samuels’s talk on how we did this on Tuesday, May 19th at 3:45pm in room 106.
- Tuesday, May 19th @ 6PM – Nexenta OpenSDx VIP Reception: Our partners at Nexenta are hosting a reception at the Fairmont Pacific Rim where we will provide a short introduction. Please register here to hear more about our joint software-defined solutions.
- Wednesday, May 20th @ 8:00AM – SanDisk Breakfast: Connect with experts and Openstack leaders: We look forward to meeting with customers and prospects that are coming to our breakfast meeting at the beautiful Pan Pacific hotel. This will be an opportunity to hear our experts Venkat Kolli and Jason Pederson talk about our work with Ceph, Non-Volatile Memory File System (NVMFS), and the Open Source community. Please register here to join us!
- Thursday, May 21st @ 10:35AM – Building blocks for flash-based cloud storage: Join Jason Pederson’s talk in the conference Marketplace Theater Lite who will be talking about new building blocks for flash-based cloud storage such as Non-Volatile Memory File System (NVMFS). NVMFS enables flash hardware to deliver even more transaction processing capability and storage efficiency with greater return on your flash investment.
- Discover SanDisk Partners Make sure to stop by our partners Mellanox and Nexenta where you will be able to learn more about the InfiniFlash product line
Although not a SanDisk particular event, Women of OpenStack taking place on Sunday, May 17th is one of the events I am personally looking forward to! It is a great opportunity to see and meet women contributors and collaborators in the OpenStack community. I recommend to see if you can still sign up for the Ada Workshop organized by the conference. It is a great way to build allies and support women in OpenStack and technology.
Expanding the possibilities of storage, SanDisk is proud to be an OpenStack member company and a friend of Open Source. You can find more Open Source at SanDisk information is on our website.
Let me know your favorite session at the event in the comments below.
See you next week in Vancouver!